When there is nowhere else to turn, FVAP is here to help. Click the Donate button below, and your gift will protect a child from additional abuse and long-lasting trauma. Your gift will empower abuse survivors to get the safety and justice they deserve.
We Could Not Do This Without You
Your gift enables us to:
- Provide free legal representation to abuse survivors in appeals to overturn trial court decisions that leave them and/or their children at risk of ongoing abuse
- Hold California and Washington courts accountable, and make sure the law does what it’s supposed to: keep families safe
- Reach domestic violence survivors in the rural areas who do not have access to legal representation
- Train California and Washington attorneys, judges, and domestic violence advocates on important relevant issues so they can better protect children and domestic violence survivors
- Mentor law students to become the next generation of effective, passionate legal advocates on behalf of domestic violence victims
- Ultimately change California and Washington law by setting new legal precedent that always prioritizes the safety of children and domestic violence survivors
What is FVAP doing to end domestic violence in California and Washington?
By appealing and publishing cases that prioritize the safety and well-being of kids and survivors, FVAP is setting new, binding legal precedent with a larger goal in mind: ending the inter-generational cycle of abuse and trauma by keeping kids out of abusive homes. Children are far less likely to become abusers themselves if they grow up in safe, healthy environments, free from abuse.
In this way, FVAP is building a better future for the next generation, one case at a time.
Support FVAP every time you shop on Amazon at no extra cost to you. Click here to designate Family Violence Appellate Project as your AmazonSmile charity.
Check with your Human Resource Department to see if your employer will match your gift!
FVAP is going green! Tax receipts will be sent by email only. If you would prefer a printed copy of your tax receipt, please email email@example.com.