Last Updated: February 25, 2021
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
When you visit our Website we may collect or receive information about you. This information is either collected automatically or provided directly by you. Some of this information may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Information you Provide Directly. We may collect or receive your information directly from you in several different ways. For example, we collect the information you provide us:
When you choose to contact us (e.g., by email), register for an event, apply for employment, make an online donation, inquire or register for volunteer opportunities, or request e-mail alerts or other information. The Personal Information we receive when you do any of these things can identify you or your business and include such items as your name, your employer’s name, e-mail and U.S. mail addresses, and office and home telephone and fax numbers. If you join our e-mail alert services, we may send you, via e-mail, press releases or other similar messages.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As with many websites, as you interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect and log certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website (e.g., traffic data, logs, other communication data, and resources that you access and use on our Website, search terms used to find our Website) and information about your computer and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system, and browser type).
FVAP also uses various data collection technologies to collect both Personal Information and non-Personal Information:
- Visitor Traffic Real Time Statistics: We use Visitor Traffic Real Time Statistics, which is a plug-in used to collect data about the behavior of visitors on our Site. The data collected with this technology may include Personal Information and non-Personal information
III. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Send newsletter and organization updates;
- Respond to your questions and assist with technical problems with our Website;
- Respond to you regarding volunteer and employment opportunities;
- Improve the content and functionality of our Website;
- Comply with applicable federal, state, other regulations and court orders;
- Improve and maintain the site;
- Track, analyze and optimize your usage, activity, and trends, in connection with our Website; and
We may use your Personal Information for any other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any lawful and appropriate court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FVAP, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
V. SHARING OF INFORMATION
FVAP does not sell your Personal Information. We consider your Personal Information and non-Personal Information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. However, there are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Information with certain service providers and third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf. To carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you through the Website, and to respond to your inquiries, we may share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies or individuals that: host or operate our Website, analyze data, optimize our advertisements, provide email distribution services to us, process and record your donations, process tickets to our functions, and other similar services.
VI. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
You may always request that we refrain from using your Personal Information to provide you with information, newsletters, e-mails or other communications. You may also contact us if you would like to review, remove, or correct the Personal Information we maintain about you. We will verify your identity before disclosing any Personal Information. To make a request, please refer to the “Contact Us” information in Section XIII, below.
Most Website browsers allow you to modify your settings to disable cookies. Please be aware that some features of the Website may not function properly or may be slower if you refuse certain cookies. You can locate these settings in the “Preferences” or “Options” section menu of your browser. Below, we provide links to relevant instructions on common browsers:
Some internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals.
VII. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
VIII. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information. All information you provide to us is protected and we follow strict protocols to protect your Personal Information. For more information about our protocols and our commitment to protect your Personal Information, please see our Data Breach Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to FVAP; any transmission is at your own risk.
IX. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children on this Website, and the Website is not intended for use by children. If you believe we have collected Personal Information about your child, please refer to the “Contact Us” information in Section XIII, below.
X. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request to review certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please refer to the “Contact Us” information in Section XIII, below.
XI. INTERNATIONAL USERS
FVAP provides the Website (https:// fvaplaw.org/) for use only by persons located in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, and you use the Website or otherwise provide us with Personal Information, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with United States federal, state, and local laws. Your information will be handled in accordance with this Policy and subject to U.S. law. By using the Website or giving us your information, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to servers located in the United States. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES MAY NOT BE AS PROTECTIVE AS THE LAWS IN THE COUNTRY FROM WHICH YOU ACCESS THE WEBSITE.
XIII. CONTACT US
To opt out of receiving communications from FVAP, to review the Personal Information that FVAP has collected about you, or to alert FVAP that your child under the age of 13 used our Website, or to request that we refrain from using your Personal Information as described in Section VI, or to make a Section X request, or to ask any other questions regarding this Policy, please contact FVAP at the address or email listed below.
Attn: Development Manager
449 15th Street, Suite 104
Oakland, CA 94612