We’re growing with intention. We are learning from survivors and those who support them where to fill gaps and make necessary changes in the legal landscape.
Our free on-call legal assistance, trainings, and self-help legal tools provide critical information to domestic violence advocates and survivors who do not have legal representation. We help bridge the gap between the domestic violence services and legal communities.
Homelessness and employment loss are major obstacles survivors face when seeking safety and justice. We provide housing and employment legal services, training, and information so the crisis of abuse is not compounded by housing or employment instability.
Over the last 10 years, we have expanded our services and our team to be a support system for survivors, advocates, attorneys, judges and others who want to level the playing field for survivors of abuse. When survivors have been harmed by our legal system, FVAP is a beacon of hope and an opportunity for a second chance at justice that most people can’t afford.
We are doing more, and we need your help.
Housing & Employment
Thanks for checking out FVAP’s Filling Gaps Social Media Toolkit! We’re glad that you’re taking this extra step to do more for survivors by sharing about FVAP’s work.
Tag us on Facebook: @FamilyViolenceAppellateProject
Tag us on Instagram: @fvap_law
Tag us on Twitter: @fvap_law
Tag us on LinkedIn: @fvaplaw
Sample Facebook Post
I just supported @FamilyViolenceAppellateProject’s #FillingGaps22 campaign! FVAP is filling gaps and doing more for survivors of gender-based violence who need resources and representation on their legal appeals.
Learn more by checking out videos of their team members talking about their programs and what matters to them. If you think they’re doing good work, make a donation!
- I just made a donation to @fvap_law’s #FillingGaps21 campaign. FVAP is filling gaps in legal aid for survivors of abuse, and they can use our help. Learn more at https://tinyurl.com/ycyu5pze
- Support survivors of domestic violence through @fvap_law’s #FillingGaps21 campaign. https://tinyurl.com/ycyu5pze
- Just learned a little history about @fvap_law’s work to fill gaps in legal aid for survivors of domestic violence. https://tinyurl.com/ycyu5pze
- @fvap_law has expanded to support a second state. Support their work that helps survivors of domestic violence. #FillingGaps21 https://tinyurl.com/ycyu5pze
- Learn about @fvap_law’s programs that support survivors of domestic violence on legal appeals in CA & WA. #FillingGaps21 https://tinyurl.com/ycyu5pze
- Check out videos of @fvap_law’s team members talking about supporting survivors. #FillingGaps21 https://tinyurl.com/ycyu5pze